Friday, March 26, 2010

Recall

Do you recall when I chatted with you

As I combed my Barbie's hair?

You were like my super imaginary friend;

Intangible, but I knew you were there.

 

Remember when I made a deal with you

After school on the bus?

I said if you gave me a boyfriend

I'd still (mostly) focus on us.

 

How about that time I sat in the dormitory,

Lost in confusion of where you were?

Hot tears, accused you of not listening,

Not hearing a single word.

 

Should I remind you of the time,

My trembling hand signed that contract?

I dared you to follow me,

Bit my lip, and apprehensively packed.

 

Why is it only after I've choked down humility,

And with a raw throat, sung your song,

That those lyrics, I finally recall?


I AM here, will be there, and was all along.

I AM here, will be there, and was all along.


No comments:

Post a Comment