Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!! (So what if it's the day after?)

This year, I'm thankful for...

Chickity China the Chinese Chicken. Yes, chicken. You're not Turkey, but you're close enough.

My siblings and friends in the States. You write me emails, you send me facebook messages, you pray for me, you talk to me on Skype, you demand my mailing address from me, and if you're reading this, you even read my blog.

My family in China--Katie, Elizabeth, and Zack. How lonely, discouraged, bored, and hungry I would be without you all. And that is the truth. You are each caring, fun, encouraging, and incredibly giving. I have so much to learn from you.

My parents. Although you wholeheartedly wish I lived closer and secretly wish I would get married, you are incredibly supportive of my being here. :) You send me expensive packages, you'll drop anything you're doing if I'm homesick and talk to me on Skype, and you tell me you're proud of me (which always makes me choke up). What wonderful parents I have.

My Father. Who knew that I would grow closer to HIM in a land that knows HIM not? My love deepens each day that I teach of HIS love to my students. I am so overwhelmed as I write this list of all that I am thankful for. For HE has given me so much...

And lastly, Western Toilets. Self-explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment